HomeAboutContactFacebookTwitter

Monday, February 6, 2012

Avery



Avery! Sound familiar?  Of coarse it does! I know I have a variety of Avery products at my home office and at school.  I am going to tell you about 3 super office supplies!
"Avery EZD Heavy-Duty Reference View Binder"
"Avery Custom Binder Spine Inserts"
"Avery Note Tabs"


Let's start with the BINDER!  "Avery Heavy Duty Ring Reference Binder"




A teacher LOOOOVES Binders! It helps us be organized and it helps our shelves look neat.
I love that the binder is not only HEAVY DUTY but it is really easy to open and close the rings.  I usually have to use two hands to open a heavy duty 3 ring binder. Not with this one!  I held my Ipad with one hand and opened the rings with the other hand! Can you believe it! LOL! I didn't! I had to make sure and try it several times! I would really recommend this binder for situations where you are going to have a lot of pages.
I typically like to stick to 1 to 2 inch binders, since I always seem to run out of space on my shelves.
I usually only use this size of binder for Staff Development manuals or teacher booklets from our curriculum.
One other element of this product that disappointed me a little is that cover.  Often times I just flip the insert in the front of the binder and write the cover info for the meantime until I can make a professional cover.  When I flipped the cover insert over, I saw that it had more advertisement.
<-- This is what I found when I turned the cover insert over.











I must be lost in the times, because I had no idea that Spine Insert Labels had been invented!  Where have I been??!!!  I was still making my own binder labels with regular copy paper or cardstock and then the difficult part was always trying to shove the paper in the insert area. Of coarse my paper would always bend :(.
Avery has a cool product that makes it as simple as 1.2.3!
They are called "Avery Custom Binder Spine Inserts". SUPER DOOPER EASY!!!
Isn't it lovely!


No cutting needed either, just a slight tear and you are set! I am really going to enjoy organizing my binders' spines this summer, I might just go Binder Labels CRAZY! :D.
I must say that I did not dislike any aspect of this product.





On to the next item.....

I thought these looked really interesting!  Here are my favorites!  The size, the transparency, and the durability.  I love the size because, I tend to always buy small binder taps so that they won't cover text or wording of a document.  I love the transparency of the tab because I can stick it any where on the page without hesitation that it may cover the document's content. I think the best part of the binder tab is that it has great durability.  I put the tab on a regular sheet of notebook paper, and it made that part of the paper very durable and easy to turn the page.
I did not particularly like that the writing on the tab takes a bit to dry and I smeared the wording several times. I used a pen and then a marker.  I got my fingers dirty and then the page got smeared as well.  The second time I wrote on the tab I blew some air on it, and it still smeared a bit of ink on the page that was on top of it.


The best part of Avery products is that we can give back to education when we purchase these products!
BOX TOPS!
Avery also includes an easy instruction on how to fold and cut your Box Tops labels so that they do not have adhesive on the back when you are ready to cut them.







No comments:

Post a Comment